Installing tsuru clients¶
tsuru contains three clients:
- tsuru is the command line utility used by application developers, that will allow users to create, list, bind and manage apps. For more details, check tsuru usage;
- crane is used by service administrators. For more detail, check crane usage;
- tsuru-admin is used by cloud administrators. Whoever is allowed to use it has gotten super powers :-)
This document describes how you can install those clients, using pre-compiled binaries, packages or building them from source.
- Downloading binaries (Mac OS X and Linux)
- Using homebrew (Mac OS X only)
- Using the PPA (Ubuntu only)
- Using AUR (ArchLinux only)
- Build from source (Linux and Mac OS X)
Downloading binaries (Mac OS X and Linux)¶
We provide pre-built binaries for OS X and Linux, only for the amd64 architecture. You can download these binaries directly from the releases page of the project:
Using homebrew (Mac OS X only)¶
If you use Mac OS X and homebrew, you may
use a custom tap to install
tsuru-admin. First you
need to add the tap:
$ brew tap tsuru/homebrew-tsuru
Now you can install tsuru, tsuru-admin and crane:
$ brew install tsuru $ brew install tsuru-admin $ brew install crane
Whenever a new version of any of tsuru’s clients is out, you can just run:
$ brew update $ brew upgrade <formula> # tsuru/tsuru-admin/crane
For more details on taps, check homebrew documentation.
NOTE: tsuru requires Go 1.2 or higher. Make sure you have the last version of Go installed in your system.
Using the PPA (Ubuntu only)¶
Ubuntu users can install tsuru clients using
apt-get and the tsuru PPA. You’ll need to add the PPA
repository locally and run an
$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:tsuru/ppa $ sudo apt-get update
Now you can install tsuru’s clients:
$ sudo apt-get install tsuru-client $ sudo apt-get install crane $ sudo apt-get install tsuru-admin
Using AUR (ArchLinux only)¶
Archlinux users can build and install tsuru client from AUR repository, Is needed to have installed yaourt program.
You can run:
$ yaourt -S tsuru
Build from source (Linux and Mac OS X)¶
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can try it on other systems, like FreeBSD, OpenBSD or even Windows. Please let us know about your progress!
tsuru’s source is written in Go, so before installing tsuru from source, please make sure you have installed and configured Go.
With Go installed and configured, you can use
go get to install any of
$ go get github.com/tsuru/tsuru-client/tsuru $ go get github.com/tsuru/tsuru-admin $ go get github.com/tsuru/crane