Installing tsuru clients¶
tsuru contains three clients:
- tsuru is the command line utility used by application developers, that will allow users to create, list, bind and manage apps. For more details, check tsuru usage;
- crane is used by service administrators.
- tsuru-admin is used by cloud administrators. Whoever is allowed to use it has gotten super powers :-)
This document describes how you can install those clients, using pre-compiled binaries, packages or building them from source.
- Downloading binaries (Mac OS X, Linux and Windows)
- Using homebrew (Mac OS X only)
- Using the PPA (Ubuntu only)
- Build from source (Linux, Mac OS X and Windows)
Downloading binaries (Mac OS X, Linux and Windows)¶
We provide pre-built binaries for OS X and Linux, only for the amd64 architecture. You can download these binaries directly from the releases page of the project:
Using homebrew (Mac OS X only)¶
If you use Mac OS X and homebrew, you may
use a custom tap to install
tsuru-admin. First you
need to add the tap:
$ brew tap tsuru/homebrew-tsuru
Now you can install tsuru, tsuru-admin and crane:
$ brew install tsuru $ brew install tsuru-admin $ brew install crane
Whenever a new version of any of tsuru’s clients is out, you can just run:
$ brew update $ brew upgrade <formula> # tsuru/tsuru-admin/crane
For more details on taps, check homebrew documentation.
NOTE: tsuru clients require Go 1.4 or higher. Make sure you have the last version of Go installed in your system.
Using the PPA (Ubuntu only)¶
Ubuntu users can install tsuru clients using
apt-get and the tsuru PPA. You’ll need to add the PPA
repository locally and run an
$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:tsuru/ppa $ sudo apt-get update
Now you can install tsuru’s clients:
$ sudo apt-get install tsuru-client $ sudo apt-get install crane $ sudo apt-get install tsuru-admin
Build from source (Linux, Mac OS X and Windows)¶
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can try it on other platforms, like FreeBSD and OpenBSD. Please let us know about your progress!
tsuru’s source is written in Go, so before installing tsuru from source, please make sure you have installed and configured Go.
With Go installed and configured, you can use
go get to install any of
$ go get github.com/tsuru/tsuru-client/tsuru $ go get github.com/tsuru/tsuru-admin $ go get github.com/tsuru/crane